Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Brown Smokey Eyes Using (mostly) Drugstore Products

It's time for my first makeup look in this blog! I'm currently editing a video tutorial of this look which should be ready today if I manage to do it whitout any bigger problems.

IMG_8467

























I think that this look would be great "night out"-look for those who aren't too familiar with using very many or bright colors on their eye makeup. Personally I think that this could also be a good everyday look, if you like to wear a bit heavier eyeshadow.

IMG_8473

























I paired this eye makeup with quite neutral lips, by using light frosty-ish pink lipstick and topping that with non-shimmery but shiny pink lip gloss.

 Here's the palette which I used. It's L´oréal Paris quad 323 in smokey chesnut, which is Linda Evangelista palette. It says that it's for grey eyes, but I think that this works very well on blue eyes, too. I was pretty amazed by the quality of this quad, the shadows are very nicely pigmented and I really like that shimmery cream shadow on the side. Only downside of this palette is that it's very hard to pick those colors without accidentally mixing them together, since all three colors are in same pan. Other than that, this is very nice quad and it works very well.

 Here's some swatches.


IMG_8475


PRODUCTS USED

Face:
Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation - 004 light porcelain
Concealer palette from eBay
Blush from Manly 40 colors eyeshadow & blush palette
Lumene Natural Code Shine & Redness Eliminator powder

Eyes:
e.l.f. Eyelid Primer
L´oréal paris Quad Pro - 323 smokey chesnut
Lumene Natural Code Eye Intensifier - 1 intense black
Lumene Natural Code Lash-Extending Mascara - black

Lips:
Make It lipstick - 11 pink day
Lumene Natural Code Lip Gloss - 2 berry smoothie

Nail Polish: Mavala - 74 los angeles

I put the link on the video tutorial as soon as I get it edited and uploaded on YT.

p.s:

I bought these couple days ago, we'll see if I come up a look which includes these babies!

//Edit: Video tutorial can be viewed at here!

No comments:

Post a Comment